Posts Tagged ‘eleap’
Sunday, April 7th, 2013
When it comes to online training options, executives, human resource professionals and training professionals have several different options from which to choose. Some of the online options include:
- Web-based/Online training
- Tele- or video conferencing
- Collaborative document sharing
- Online colleges and universities
Each option offers slightly different choices to training attendees. Additionally, each online training solution also carries its own set of advantages and disadvantages. Prior to getting into the details on each online training alternative, executives, human resource professionals and training professionals can see the overall benefits and drawbacks that online training opportunities provide to companies and to training attendees.
To read the full white paper, click here.
Wednesday, April 3rd, 2013
According to a recent survey, training and development is a major concern in companies across the country. Employees cite problems ranging from not having training at all to goals and expectations differing between managers and employees. The survey also reveals that employees feel they do not receive the performance feedback and recognition they need and deserve. Fortunately, effective training and development programs eliminate the skills gap employees possess, while addressing each of the concerns mentioned in the survey.
Creates Just-in-Time Training
In many circumstances, implementation of training and development programs isn’t until it is absolutely necessary. Other training comes into play only when training sessions are available locally or at a certain price point. Access to social media, on-demand training, mobile devices and the cloud changes the training and development landscape.
Now, employees are able to obtain the information, training and practice they need when and where they need it. Delayed gratification is no longer a concern in the training and development realm.
Prepares Internal Employees for Higher Roles
It costs a company less money to keep an employee than it does to find and hire a new employee. It can also be efficient and cost-effective to promote from within, but only 32% of survey responders claim receiving training and development in the last six months. This again is where training and development comes to the rescue.
You can teach internal employees the skills they need to hold middle and upper management positions. Training and developing employees for promotions helps to retain employees. It also works to boost company morale and tends to create a higher bottom line for the business.
Turns Employees into Team Members
Companies are only successful when managers and employees have goals that align with one another. The survey reveals that only 25% of the respondents say employee goals and management goals are the same. Training and development resolves the gap that can exist between management and employees. Proper training opens the line of communication between employees and managers.
Essentially, training turns employees into team members. Training and development creates coaches out of managers. When managers and employees have the same goals, the individual employees succeed and the company succeeds.
While the survey reveals some of the primary concerns regarding training and development, proper training resolves the issues. With the right training and development programs, employees and managers obtain the training they need to set goals and expectations that align. Additionally, training and development programs eliminate the skills gap employees possess, preparing them to move up the company ladder. In the end, development and training creates a better working environment for employees, managers and the company as a whole.
Contact eLeaP to discuss any of these suggestions or even custom requirements you might have. We try to be as flexible as possible. Call us 1-877-624-7226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Wednesday, December 12th, 2012
Using the eLeaP Learning Management System API, you can significantly expand the capability of your eLeaP LMS account. The API is a powerful addition to the standard LMS account. The API enables you perform many functions automatically and remotely in the eLeaP System. For example you can connect your eLeaP LMS account with your HR Information System. You can also automatically create User accounts, assign User Groups to Courses and to Career Paths as well as download completion tracking reports.
A new feature we have added to the API is the ability to turn off the automatic “Welcome” or activation email that is generated when new users are created. This means you can now ‘silently’ create your users in eLeaP and then send your own customized welcome email complete with your user names and passwords and any other information you will like to send.
To learn more about the new API argument see http://www.eleapsoftware.com/api/#users
Look for the new Method:
- silent (optional, if set to 1 no welcome/activation email will be sent to user)
For complete LMS API documentation, go to: http://www.eleapsoftware.com/api/ and see if the API could be a solution for you. Call us 877-624-7226 for free consultation on how the API can enhance and automate your training.
Thursday, November 29th, 2012
eLeaP unveils two new features designed to expand your range of use. As a quick background, eLeaP enables any organization create, track and document training. Using an intuitively easy to use interface coupled with the most comprehensive set of training tools and features, eLeaP customers are able to quickly create or upload content, edit and format material, add quizzes or feedback surveys, launch training and document completion records including issuing certificates of completion and much more.
You will think with all these powerful and useful features, eLeaP will simply rest on its laurels; you will be wrong.
We continue to innovate and push the envelope in order to bring our customers answers to everyday e-learning and corporate training challenges.
One such feature is the option to manually document your training records. With the [Set Completed] feature, you can now set any training for any user as completed. Practical applications of this could be In-Classroom Training; if you have any seminars or other On-the-Job training, you can easily create and assign the course (class) to your users and then use the [Set Completed] tool to document the completion. This will save you significant amounts of time and money. Since launching this feature the feedback has been overwhelming and positive. See how this feature works at: http://eleapsoftware.com/tutorials/getting-started/admin-howtos/set-user-as-completed.php
Another new feature unveiled is the option to sort or filter Career Path courses according to your own established categories. Let me give you a scenario. Imagine that you have a group of new hires coming online in your organization. As part of your on-boarding process, you want to assign 5 orientation-type courses to this group. You will first create your five courses and add them to the ‘Orientation’ category. Then you create a Career Path perhaps called ‘Welcome to ACME Company’ and add these five courses. Prior to adding in this feature, you will have had to either search by course name or date added in order to identify the right courses to add to your new Career Path. With the new filter by category feature, you can simply select the right category and filter your courses to display only the relevant courses. Adding these courses to your Career Path and assigning the whole package to the users or user group is a breeze.
These are just a few ways eLeaP is dedicated to giving you the tools you need to succeed and make your life better. See what one of our customers had to say..
“The new “Set Complete” feature is fabulous! This will solve so many user issues for me. Thank you!! – Rich Benedict”
Remember, just don’t buy any training system, use eLeaP to create, track and document your e-learning and training. Create your free account at www.eleapsoftware.com
Friday, October 5th, 2012
Open Letter To E-Learning/ Training Pros
So the other day I was conducting a live demo of the eLeaP LMS tool and got a question that made me sit up and take notice. Many of us in the e-learning space throw out buzz words and ‘cool’ phrases which while useful in certain settings, are a total distraction in others.
Terminology like SCORM, LMS, mobile learning, synchronous versus asynchronous, API, Single Signon, Gamification and many others might be make for super geeky conversation among the elites but are totally unhelpful when one is trying to assist a new customer or potential customer navigate the treacherous waters of vendor research, selection and implementation.
So what can be done?
- All of us need to use simple straight-forward descriptors of our goals, needs, features and requirements. Believe me, trying to appear knowledgeable in front of your colleagues by using buzz words which are incorrect only exposes one’s hubris.
- Spell it out. My best demonstrations or phone meetings are conducted when the client sends in a list of questions, requirements, features or just goals. This way we can go step by step covering what is important to that customer. With systems like eLeaP, you can pretty much get everything you need done, but I don’t want to bore you with a detail treatise about the minimum time setup for lessons if that is not something you particularly care about.
- Don’t just tell; show … I like to be able to take a potential customer through a simulation of actual needs and goals. If the idea is to create a training program with different multimedia presentations and which might also involve completing an assessment as well as submitting a feedback form and conclude with a discussion around pertinent issues, then guess what? I will actually try to show the client how all this will come together by doing a live demonstration. We go through questions and answers and if time permits, even letting the client try their hands on a few activities – all from the comfort of their offices.
- Trust the customer to know what do to do after all what is the worst that can happen? ‘Break’ something? Mistakenly delete a file? It can be recovered. My personal philosophy is to have the customers take the system for a test drive. If they have a particular presentation that they want to get uploaded to see how it will work, we go ahead and take care of that – no charge, no questions asked. Why you ask? Because we at eLeaP believe ultimately, we are judged by how well we treat our customers. We believe respecting customers and performing little acts of kindness here and there, well it just might brighten someone’s busy day. Heck they might even come out looking pretty smart to their colleagues for finding and implementing a system like eLeaP.
If you have questions (any question) on business training or e-learning, call us 877-624-7226. We actually like talking to people.
And to my colleagues in the e-learning space, a little humility goes a long way. Let’s remember we are in the learning industry – not the ‘show-off’ industry.
President, Telania | eLeaP | Azimio
Monday, September 17th, 2012
What makes eLeaP eCommerce LMS stand out from the field?
- eLeaP has the most comprehensive E-Learning eCommerce System on the market.
- With eLeaP, you can easily create and launch your eCommerce courses in minutes.
- Our certificate module ensures that certified users can be issued with a fully customized course completion certificate.
- The feedback form system enables many eCommerce customers to create and launch surveys and feedback forms option as part of their certification requirements.
- The White Board feature enables interactivity within the course.
- Use the eLeaP eCommerce pricing module to create complex or simple pricing packages including multi-license products. The license management module ensures that you are not leaving money on the table.
- You can market to individual buyers or organization who will get customized delivery accounts to track their own reports.
- The eLeaP eCommerce Referrer system allows you to expand your marketing capacity and launch and manage affiliate sales.
- Use the Promo code system to set up discount coupons which are open-ended, or time or quantity restricted.
- Get free support for you and your customers.
Based on these few features I have mentioned, I have no doubt that eLeaP will meet and exceed your needs better than any on the market. Get your free trial account at www.eleapsoftware.com to see for yourself.
Thursday, May 17th, 2012
New #eLeaP features saving you time:
- Max Usage for Promo Codes,
- SCORM Session time,
- Auto Re-Assignment (no deadlines).
Learn more at ow.ly/aYLmP
Wednesday, May 9th, 2012
If you have ever been frustrated about not being able to easily create and deploy feedback forms or surveys, your voice has been heard. eLeaP has upgraded the Feedback system available free in the LMS to enable you not only set up feedback forms in your courses but also require that the feedback be completed as part of the course credit process.
3 Easy Steps:
- Create Feedback form
- Create Feedback fields
- Set Feedback to ‘Required’ and launch.
Learn more at www.eleapsoftware.com
Thursday, November 17th, 2011
The eLeaP Learning Management System (LMS) has added full Spanish language support. Your Spanish language trainings can now be accessed on a Spanish language LMS. Get instant access to online training in Spanish.
Friday, November 4th, 2011
New eCommerce pricing options, and introducing free License Distribution accounts so you can sell more eCommerce licenses.
Major changes we have made to the eCommerce LMS interface:
1. Pricing: We have revamped the pricing by adding in Tiered pricing and Volume pricing. Tiered pricing enables the system to charge different rates based on the number of users set for each user limit. For example if you buy 19 licenses it will be 10 x $10 plus 9 x $8.50. Volume pricing uses the total user limit associated with the purchased licenses to calculate the fees. For example if you buy 19 licenses, it will be 19 x $8.50.
2. We have added option to calculate re-ordering or upgrade pricing either using sum of the previous order and the new order or only using the new order to calculate the re-ordering or upgrade. This way, you can choose if you want your repeat buyers to benefit from lower pricing based on a total of their orders or simply keep each order as a unique transaction.
3. Added option for single users or corporate buyers to create a one-time account for their purchase. Corporate buyers will create a License Distribution Account (LDA) to enable them distribute their purchased licenses to their users. This gives them access to tracking and easy management as well as certification and interactive tools.